Thursday, May 10, 2007

Long Moment of Silence

So when I heard about the "assignment/experiment" for next class period, I thought immediately, "excellent, I can put off doing my reading assignment for Government until then!" and then when I realized that might gather some sideways looks, "Excellent! I can secretly nap!" or act like a fool and pretend the "inner light" came upon me, and then I realized those would probably be bad ideas too.

It's interesting to me that (Is this due to the college class schedule? The modern American ideal of busy living? Some other cultural factor I can't come up with now?) I don't know how to deal with the prospect of twenty minutes of doing absolutely nothing. I think the fact that it is so radically out of the ordinary that would give it some of the attributes of a 'religious' or 'spiritual' or at least 'ritualistic' event.

No comments: